Dublin and Shannon Airport Traffic Soars in 2015
Dublin Airport passenger numbers grew 15% in 2015 to 25 million.
Dublin Airport passenger numbers hit a record high of 25 million in 2015. Passenger numbers continued to grow at more than three and half times that of the European Average in November 2015.
The growth was down to the introduction of 22 new routes, and extra capacity on nearly 40 existing services.
The rise compares with growth across all European Airports of 4.6 per cent during the same period.
Shannon Airport achieved 5% growth in 2015 with three-successive years of passenger increases.
Dublin recorded growth of over 16% in November, significantly higher than all of the major European airports, and the second highest passenger increase among airports of a comparable size - behind only Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport.
The rise in passenger numbers at Dublin and Shannon airports has been reflected in the opportunities on offer through Excel Aviation as our clients are at the forefront of the passenger number growth.
Our clients have confirmed that they plan to increase manpower levels in 2016. Excel Aviation expects to be able to continue to offer well paid secure positions with our clients throughout 2016 and beyond.
- Dublin Airport Authority - 'Dublin Airport sets new record with 25m passengers in 2015.'
- The Irish Independent - 'Airport growing faster than the European Average.'
- Shannon Airport - 'Shannon Airport Achieves 5% growth in 2015.'
- RTE - 'Dublin Airport to create jobs to deal with record passenger numbers.'
- Airport World - 'Dublin Airport Planning to hire 180 new staff.'